- We use one-, two-, four-, and 19-channel protocols with BrainMaster and AVATAR systems.
- QEEG Brain Mapping (Quantitative Electroencephalography) quantifies brainwave patterns at 19 sites of an individual’s brain. The brain map is one of the important pieces of information used to guide the choice of neurofeedback approaches.
- LENS (Low Energy Neurofeedback System) measures the strongest frequency at various sites over the brain and briefly feeds back a slightly altered signal. Over time, brainwave patterns associated with poor functioning change to a more optimal configuration.
- HEG (pIR Hemoencephalography) is an indirect measure of blood flow over the prefrontal cortex, which in turn is an indicator of neural activity. Training to increase brain activity at the prefrontal cortex is associated with improvements in attention, reduction in anxiety, and is also used in treating migraine headaches.
Biofeedback trains an individual to become aware of certain aspects of physiological function (such as heart rate, or muscle tension) and to gain control over them, resulting in improvement of health and well-being (such as decreasing anxiety or easing pain).
- pRoshi++ is a device that uses light in various colors and patterns to induce calming and clearer, more flexible brain function.
- Photonic Stimulator (Photonic Dynamic Light Therapy) uses light to stimulate healing of painful areas of the body.
- Cranial Electrical Stimulation is provided by the Alpha-Stim device which is useful in alleviating insomnia and easing anxiety and depression.
- Emwave “Heart Math” trains an individual to calm heart rate patterns, which leads to increased calmness and generally improved functioning.
- EMG (Surface Electromyographic Biofeedback) detects tension in muscles and trains for their relaxation. It is used for pain, tension, and headache relief.
- Pneumography using the Capnotrainer device is helpful if disordered breathing patterns are contributing to symptoms of anxiety, stress, or panic attacks.
- Galvanic Stress Response training measures skin conductance as an indicator of stress and arousal, and trains an individual to achieve physiological calming.
Counseling services are offered at BiofeedbackWorks as an adjunct to our bio- and neurofeedback services. If clients feel that there are issues for which they need additional support, our Licensed Professional Counselors can help.